Ok, got kind of busy there... but here's the lowdown on the past weeks:
1. Sabrina's first plane ride, aquarium visit, and zoo trip to New Orleans - she loved, loved, loved all the animals, but I think the giraffes were her personal favorites
2. Sickness - teething, ear infections, fevers, man... poor baby girl. Hoping the next few weeks give her a break!!! Thank goodness for Grandma who can drive in to babysit and chaperone out of town trips! :) Sabrina is now the proud owner of... 4 and 2 1/2 teeth! Oh Baby!
3. Halloween - Sabrina enjoyed her first Halloween all week long. She and Brynn dressed in their costumes for a little showing off the Sunday before. I don't think we got a single picture with both of them smiling! Haha, oh well! (Brynn was Maggie Simpson & Sabrina a Princess)
Then on 10/31, we joined some friends of mine from work with their 13 month olds, Lainey and Saul. (Or Tinkerbell and the Pirate!) A good time was enjoyed by all as we wheeled them in a good old fashioned Radio Flyer wagon to the park nearby. There Sabrina squealed in delight as she got to ride in a baby swing for her first time. She also particularly relished a certain blue tunnel with peekabo windows that echoed. Man, that was fun to crawl through! A highlight was when she decided SAUL was a sturdy enough fella to pull up to a standing position on! :) Go figure, I mean he does have a whole 4 inches and 4 months on her. It was really cute. Saul also entertained us by loving sand and hugging trees (literally).
4. First Aggie Game - Saturday 11/1 we drove down to Aggieland to watch the Best Team in the World (maybe not in points, but you know) defeat the Colorado ?s and send them packing home! Sabrina slept from 1/2way through the first quarter to middle of the third. Woke, had a snack, enjoyed all the folks around -- made lots of new friends. She also was very grateful for Corkie and Blondie's son-in-law's not so small round shoulders to lean her head on, and rubbing his not so smooth shaven cheek. I believe she expressed her gratitude by slobbering on his large thumb she was playing with. Good times. She also was a fan favorite in her maroon and white Aggie dress! Precious, precious...pictured with her cousin Carleigh who she just loved to hang out with!!!
5. First Jeans - man, they are comfy, looks like she was born to wear!
I think that's the main scoop for now, she went to bed at 6:45 crying with exhaustion. Heaven knows why since we had a pretty tame day compared to the excitement described in the items above. Blame it on daylight savings time adjustments, I guess. Meanwhile, I miss my baby! That was too early of a bedtime! :(
But unfortunately, you have to hear a bit of my singing. Sabrina won't dance unless I'm enjoying the song with her... she has gotten into the habit though of whenever I first turn on music, to sway back and forth to get her groove on. She seems to be particular though, the song has to be upbeat and have a strong beat to merit her rocking to it... :)
So I'm also trying to get her to chew food before trying to swallow it. Last night we had a fun game of mimic Mommy. I would give her a small piece of banana then wide mouthed, say "Chew, chew, chew!" as I clicked my teeth together in demonstration. Apparently, this was funny because it cracked her up. It was also successful though because she immediately would imitate me and that banana got chewed! Yay! ;) Let's hope she keeps it up!
I decided I'm not doing a very good job of recording Sabrina's daily - or even weekly- progress and cute adorablocities. I know I will forget. I have a terrible memory for small events - however joyful!
Therefore, blog is born. My hope is that I'll record things here, friends and family can check at will for updates on Lil' Miss. Since my life is totally uninteresting, I will focus on Sabrina, whose activities are FASCINATING! (At least in my humble opinion.)
OK, so Saturday we were paid a visit by the wonderful Mrs. Janna Robertson and her Mama, Mrs. Elaine Lawler. We had so much fun playing, then feeding Sabrina and going to Babies R' Us. Sabrina got some fabulous presents from them in the form of super cute new outfits size - wait for it - 12 months!!! Actually could have gone for a 9-12 month size, but unavailable so we went for the next step.
So so crazy we are there already. In some ways, feels like we've been together forever, but in others, I can't believe she's already 8 months old! I splurged on a big toy - from Playskool - will post picture. Sabrina loved exploring it. It talks to her as she opens/closes the door: it says "open/close, cya later alligator" the window does the same, as does the mailbox. She is discovering one cool thing about it after another. This morning and yesterday afternoon it was the doorbell which makes a variety of realistic doorbell sounds and turns on the light! Whoa.... :)
Then she got totally amused by the "drainspout" on the side of it. She'd hand me a ball which I would send down the chute and it would pop out at the bottom and swirl in a tray. Then she'd pick it up and hand it to me again giggling like a maniac as we repeated repeated repeated. I am such a good monkey, she thinks it's AWESOME! Totally kept cracking up...
Later it was fun and games with a kleenex box I continued to move around out of her grasp... mean mean Mommy. .. It came to rest upon our TV cabinet. I took pictures of her, up on her tippy toes straining to pull a kleenex out of the box. Oh such a challenge! Finally I gave in and moved it to a reachable place. She strained at it, and succeeded. No baby has ever been more fulfilled by yanking a kleenex out of a box, and she raised her prize in glee as she turned and smiled at me!
Then she promptly tried to stick its yummy smelling aloe lotion soaked paper in her mouth... interrupted by Mommy's hand taking away the prize once again... why am I so cruel??? :) Then quick, onto the next distraction...
Also discovered toilet paper will roll off it's spool when yanked and nothing is more exciting then talking to our fake cell and while staring at our own cute mirror reflection. Oh, and leaves are to be eaten! Why oh why does that Mama keep intercepting???